The Commitment of Baby Dedication
For dedication to be meaningful you must recognize your child as a precious gift of God and the responsibility that goes with it.
You must also know true dedication comes when you, as parents, dedicate yourself to the Heavenly Father and His Word; without this dedication would be meaningless.
Baby dedication is more than a ritual, but a commitment to honor the will of God and His Word.
A meaningful dedication you must first love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind. Commit yourself to diligently teach your child the Words of God and prayer. How to live and walk in the Spirit of God’s plan.
As part of this dedication parents are asked to:
· Publicly affirm your personal faith in Christ and renew your dedication to Him and His Word.
· You are encouraged to pray daily for God’s direction in your lives and the lives of your children.
· You recognize there is strength that comes by faithfully participating with the family of God in worship and service.
· Teach your child the Truths of God’s Word in your home and make practicing your faith before your children a priority.
· Pray for your child to have a personal faith in Christ and to be filled with the Holy Spirit.
Recognize that your child belongs to God and has been born to experience His love and to fulfill the purpose that God has ordained for him/her.